With the efforts of PMI-AGC Oman Volunteers and IW team, PMI-AGC Oman have successfully conducted its very
“First Project Management Office Symposium”
under the patronage of His Excellency Eng. Sultan bin Hamdoon Al Harthi, on March 19-20, 2014 at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Muscat, Oman with more than 140 industry experts as well as young and aspiring PM delegates.
The objective of the symposium
Organize the first Project Management Office Symposium on behalf of PMI-AGC Oman under the patronage of His Excellency Eng. Sultan bin Hamdoon Al Harthi.
The PMI Oman wanted to:
Find a venue and confirm speakers
- Secure sponsors from Oil and Gas, Government bodies, Sohar Port, Banks, Developers, Major projects in Oman,
- be attented by Executive Management | Portfolio and Program Managers | Aspiring Project Managers | Project Management Professionals
- 100-150 participants for the event
- 85% of participants expected to be from Oman
- Marketing effort needed
- Due to the importance of the topic, to become an annual event.
Why this conference
With billions of dollars dependent on the success and failure of projects, organizations are striving to manage projects more efficiently. The best performing organizations approach project, program and portfolio management strategically from the way they implement their projects to the way they deliver them.
PMI-AGC Oman and IW Event Management have created the PMO Symposium as a unique and exclusive forum for Project Management executives to convene to exchange ideas, to learn about the latest PMO research, and to network with peers and thought leaders from around the world.
The role of IW
- Handle Marketing
- Bringing new sponsors
- logistics (Speakers, Participants)
- event management